kingpincooling.com

Go Back   kingpincooling.com > The Lounge > Davy Jones Locker

Davy Jones Locker Off topic, anything goes.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Sub-Ambient

Definitely round 3 should be good. But, I hope both of them are 100% healthy so there is no doubt and no excuses.

Carwin is a beast and he has seen how to beat Mir. My money is on Carwin this Saturday although I like him and Mir.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:49 AM
Sub-Ambient

Well it looks like this Saturday I'm gonna have dinner at HOOTERs Just so I can watch the fights. Thaigo Alves is on the card too. His fights are always good to watch. He is full of potential... too bad GSP is so damn good otherwise Thaigo would hold that title.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Sub-Ambient

Send a message via MSN to chuchnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by VasGTO View Post
Well it looks like this Saturday I'm gonna have dinner at HOOTERs Just so I can watch the fights. Thaigo Alves is on the card too. His fights are always good to watch. He is full of potential... too bad GSP is so damn good otherwise Thaigo would hold that title.
I haven't got to watch the last few UFC's. Has Thaigo progressed enough to stand a chance against GSP? It seems like he is in the same boat as Anderson Silva; no competition in their weight class. Maybe GSP should move up to 185 for a challenge?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Ambient

155- BJ Penn
170- GSP
185- Anderson Silva
205- Gergard Mousassi (spelling?)
Open- Feedor E

Pick one? P4P? Brutal choice....

BJ Penn... a true freak of nature, on the ground or stand-up, it doesn't matter
Only kink in his armor...desire/questions about his conditioning...I honestly feel if he were in TOP shape, he would not have lost to GSP nor especially to Matt Hughes...
Old 03-26-2010, 01:06 AM
Sub-Ambient

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWallace View Post
155- BJ Penn
170- GSP
185- Anderson Silva
205- Gergard Mousassi (spelling?)
Open- Feedor E

Pick one? P4P? Brutal choice....
Easy choice (IMHO).... Anderson Silva! I doubt anyone will ever beat this guy in his own weight class. We wll have a new champion after he retires. GSP and BJ Penn are about equal to me. Now let's talk about Fedor... I've seen him fight Silvia and Arlovski...(where are they now?) and many others who I've never heard of. Yes, I think he is good but I don't think he can beat the current top UFC fighters. I do believe he knows this (after seeing Crocop and many others fail in the UFC) and that's why he is avoiding the UFC. Dana agreed to ALL of his demands, yet still he refused to fight. Is it some Old School Russian pride that will keep him from ever fighting in the UFC? In any case, he is obviously a good fighter or we wouldn't be talking about him....

Last edited by VasGTO; 03-26-2010 at 03:02 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:14 AM
Dry Ice

Mir got his clock cleaned last night...lol
Old 03-28-2010, 02:36 AM
PURE

Yeah it was sad... Mir looked physically good.. but got his a$$ handed to him...

Did you guys see the GSP fight.. .the are bar was crazy.. not sure how he got out of it.. also the shoulder move.. crazy..

I love eraser..................
Old 03-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Sub-Ambient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Mir got his clock cleaned last night...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
Carwin is a beast and he has seen how to beat Mir. My money is on Carwin this Saturday although I like him and Mir.

It went about like I expected. On a technical level, Mir is a better fighter than Carwin or Lesnar but, he can't stay awake long enough to use it. Those guys are both freakishly strong and just too much for Mir.

Now, we just need to get Fedor into the UFC before he gets too old.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:11 AM
Dry Ice

lol, yeah sad that there's too many people in between the two camps to let the Fedor deal take place.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:27 PM
PURE

Mir goes down omg didnt expect that shit...Carwins a monster..havnt seen heavy hands like that in a while

Fedor ...gotta admit hes a legend no matter what the outcome...the dude has had wars in the ring...some of the old pride fights hes had are unreal...man i miss pride lol