kingpincooling.com

Go Back   kingpincooling.com > Overclocking & Modding > EVGA Overclocking

EVGA Overclocking Dedicated forum for EVGA Overclocking, my other job :)

Old 04-25-2014, 09:05 AM
Sub-Ambient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
-160C would be very nice, unfortunately I can't go past -25C
Hi,just wondering if you found a fix for your CB issue?I too am having problems with CB problems -50.I can bench 1500 core @ -50 but if I bring temps down to -90 is fine but as soon as I add any core even + 50 it will pixel or freeze, can't add no memory core at all will freeze.Tried dvi cables memory volts not sure if its me or the card,have xockpti bios installed and used vassiline on the card
Old 04-25-2014, 10:16 AM
PURE

Send a message via MSN to Gunslinger

My issue was the cable, once I switched it out I could run at -120. But I had the same issue as you with memory, I was unable to push it at all or it would pixelate and drop the driver.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:59 AM
Ambient

Send a message via ICQ to Redmax

Quote:
My issue was the cable, once I switched it out I could run at -120. But I had the same issue as you with memory, I was unable to push it at all or it would pixelate and drop the driver.
I used a DVI to D-SUB adapter which seemed to work well and allowed me to run -135c without too much issue.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:17 PM
PURE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmax View Post
I used a DVI to D-SUB adapter which seemed to work well and allowed me to run -135c without too much issue.
Yeah, that's what I meant when I changed out the cable. Still didn't fix my memory OC issues though. I'm pondering trying one more card to see if I just had some bad luck.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:05 PM
Ambient

Send a message via ICQ to Redmax

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I meant when I changed out the cable. Still didn't fix my memory OC issues though. I'm pondering trying one more card to see if I just had some bad luck.
Vince yelled at me once for not being able to clock the card but seriously I can't get past 1550Mhz without having it artifact and crash the driver. It might be memory but my regular ti classy ran 1650 no problem with the same setup and less voltage.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:25 PM
PURE

I had mine up over 1700 on the core, but had the memory stuck at 1750/1800 I think.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:12 AM
Sub-Ambient

Quote:
Thanks for the reply,was sort if thinking maybe because I vassed the whole card that it caused the CB problem but not sure
Old 04-27-2014, 03:59 AM
PURE

Send a message via MSN to Billy-The-Kid

I have the same problem.. -120 i can get 1810mhz at 1,55v but can't toutch in memory clock..
Old 04-29-2014, 08:03 AM
Ambient

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallowen1 View Post
Thank You very much TiN, I really appreciate your reply on this matter.

I have been using skyn3t-KPE-BD.zip revision 5 vbios, But I will flash over to Vince's XOCKPti.rom and see how it works, Then eventually I must proceed to disassemble the EK 4-way Water Block system.
Obviously I'll have to start looking for an LN2 provider (I'm in Florida) and then purchase a Tek-9 Slim and other supplies before I can move forward with testing.
Hey man,

How did you get on using XOC compared to sky's rev 5? When i got my 1st two KPE's i ran on XOC and had one of them up at 2075mhz on mem benching FS.

Got 4 now and running them all on rev.5. Surprising thing is even though it's meant to be loose mem timing i can't hit anywhere near the mem freq i did on XOC with that one card.

Away to flash them to XOC and see how they get on, just thought i'd ask how you've got on with itů.

Seriously nice cards, looking forward to going cold with them after a bit of practising on old stuff 1st!
Old 04-29-2014, 11:04 AM
Sub-Ambient

Thanks Doug2507,

Unfortunately, I never have tried the XOC vbios using only one KPE.

When I flashed over to the XOC while still using four cards on Chilled Water Cooling, For some reason I had some problems reaching the previous settings I used with the skyn3t rev 5, so I went back to that vbios for the time being.

Since I have never used LN2 Cooling, I was told by TiN and Gunslinger to try and obtain an EVGA GTX 680 Classified w/EVBot Port as a starting point in testing with LN2 using the XOC vbios, But that is still in the development stage ATM.