kingpincooling.com

Go Back   kingpincooling.com > KINGPINcooling.com Official Support > Order Support

Order Support Problem with your KINGPINcooling.com products order? Jump in here.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Ambient

Default Dragon F1 Gemini info

Plan on getting this pot. But was going to just start out with dice. But at the end i see; "Dry Ice tuned base for Gemini pot coming soon!"

So does this mean i need a different pot for the dice run? As i don't want to buy this and need another pot for just strictly dice runs. Just need a little more info, please.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Ambient

Well seems i got my answer in another post a little ways down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k|ngp|n View Post
No seal needed. The tolerance is pretty tight. Tight enough to not be any problem at all with LN2, it wont leak Ln2 for sure. The DI base that will be available soon will come with a rubber gasket/o ring to make it air tight to make sure no acetone gets through. The current bases its shipping with are not meant for anything other than LN2.
So now i guess i need to wait or figure out something. Now i am wondering what the dice pot will cost. Any info on this? As hopefully k|ngp|n will come in here and help me out with some answers.

Last edited by KILLER_K; 02-06-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:26 PM
PURE

Send a message via MSN to XtremeCuztoms Send a message via Skype™ to XtremeCuztoms

To be totally honest, you don't really need another base. I run the Gemini with dice and have no problems. Between the base and black sleeve I use electrical tape to seal it off. You don't need a lot of acetone but this works as a great seal. Another person (Vince) suggested to me to use a wide rubber band between the 2 parts, then tape it up, this will create a near perfect seal that will not leak.

As far as the bases that come in the kit, well I use the slayer base, and I use a wooden skewer to push the dice into the holes along with the acetone. A good way to do it, is use a blender and hammer your dice into smaller chunks, then put them into a blender and use the ice crush settings, while it's blending i pick up the blender and hold the top and bottom and shake it, to make sure all the dice is chopped into a powder. Now pour that into the pot a little at a time to fill in the holes with powdered dice and acetone. then fill the pot up with dice. This way you will use a little more dice since it's a powder and not small chunks, but the idea is to keep as much in the holes while benching...

Good Luck..
XC
Old 02-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Ambient

I see sounds good then and thanks for the info. Just starting out and that is most needed. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:35 PM
PURE

Send a message via MSN to XtremeCuztoms Send a message via Skype™ to XtremeCuztoms

No problem at all..
With everything that comes with the Gemini you will be more then pleased with it and the outcome of your extreme cooling experience. So go order it now !!
Old 02-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Ambient

What kind of temps am i expected to see with this pot? Running dice of course, maybe ballpark estimate?
Old 02-06-2011, 10:42 PM
PURE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_K View Post
What kind of temps am i expected to see with this pot? Running dice of course, maybe ballpark estimate?
depends on what you're going to run.
I used the Gemini first on a i7 920 with a X58A-UD7 Rev 1.0 and during wprime 1024m with an oc of 4,744.1MHz my temps were around -62c. but while running it i was using the skewer and made sure to keep dice in the holes. I tested a few dual cores on a Tpower i45 and temps stayed around -68c to -70c
Old 02-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Ambient

Sounds great from that info. Well i bought one and hopefully it will be here around thursday. Have to do some reading up on what to do and what not to do though. This sounds like it will be fun. That is what i will be starting off with is my 920. I was stuck at 4.8ghz with it. Hopefully this will let me go a good ways past that. Thanks again.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Ambient

When will the actual DIce base come out? I just want to mention that the day it does, I will order one and sell my Dragon Evo 2.4. It's a great pot, but I recently got my first 1366 hardware, and the low mass just won't cut it with HT on. If the DIce base came out soon, I would be a happy camper... Hint hint.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Volt-Nut :)

Send a message via ICQ to TiN Send a message via Skype™ to TiN

Chance, work in progress
It's almost there

Source

Welcome, btw