kingpincooling.com

Go Back   kingpincooling.com > Overclocking & Modding > Overclocking

Overclocking Overclocking results and KPC hardware pron

Old 06-18-2018, 02:14 PM
Hardware-nut

Default T-Rex Container Testing

Sit back and relax, let me tell you a story!

I have been fortunate to have a good clocking 7940x with LN2. Since the beginning I was able to get all second place scores EXCEPT one. There was one bench/score that I could not beat, its Rsannino's Wprime 1024M. He seems like a super nice guy and it is nothing personal at all, I just wanted to do the best I could with my CPU. I saw it as a personal challenge.

I tried super hard to beat the score with KPC Venom pot and was unable to do so with 3 separate LN2 sessions. I had officially given up...until I got the KPC T-Rex! Today, with the T-Rex, I finally managed to pass with more MHz. The T-Rex compared to Venom gave me better load temp control.

I dont care if my score gets beat by Rsannino or someone else tomorrow...the point is that I did my best. At the end of the day Wprime is just a brutal bench for this platform, its long and very stressful considering how ancient it is.

The score and the HwBot rank means nothing to me, its a personal victory. Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen!!

http://hwbot.org/submission/3877323_...0x_32sec_619ms

Last edited by MLLRKLLR88; 06-18-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:24 PM
Hardware-nut

I am super happy with my results with HCC, however, this pot works incredibly well with mainstream CPU's too. I was able to achieve better load temps on this pot than any other CPU pot I have ever used. It strikes a perfect balance between weight and speed, but I think the results speak stand on their own and need no explanation.

8700k @ 6890 R15
8700k @ 7172 Pifast
8700k @ 7115 32M

Here is an example sub: http://hwbot.org/submission/3867082_...in_15sec_157ms