kingpincooling.com

Go Back   kingpincooling.com > Overclocking & Modding > EVGA Overclocking

EVGA Overclocking Dedicated forum for EVGA Overclocking, my other job :)

Old 07-02-2015, 09:45 AM
Sub-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcar70 View Post
Strong thanks to the intervention ... with the voltage that you suggested I am sure not to melt anything ???? I also have the connector probe.it of evga that I can connect a digital multimeter and measure the real volts.
What do you think about it ???
1.5v voltage is safe ??
it depends on your cooling. My answer was meant to be the maximum voltage you can get to without a hard mod. I didnt really mean it was safe. 780 ti's seam to scale nicely with additional voltage at water temps. I did do the max volts on water and nothing melted but I cant be sure you wont damage anything.

what is your cooling, if on air cooler volts wont help much after a certain temp, usually around 50-60c. If you can get down to nice cool water temps 1.5v should be safe and scale decently. it's all about testing and getting temps as low as possible.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Ambient

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongisland1 View Post
it depends on your cooling. My answer was meant to be the maximum voltage you can get to without a hard mod. I didnt really mean it was safe. 780 ti's seam to scale nicely with additional voltage at water temps. I did do the max volts on water and nothing melted but I cant be sure you wont damage anything.

what is your cooling, if on air cooler volts wont help much after a certain temp, usually around 50-60c. If you can get down to nice cool water temps 1.5v should be safe and scale decently. it's all about testing and getting temps as low as possible.
Hi Strong .... I have a liquid cooling system custom ... the vga are under full cover EK .... now the temperatures are around 40 C in full with 1.15 volts on the core ...
Old 07-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Sub-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcar70 View Post
Hi Strong .... I have a liquid cooling system custom ... the vga are under full cover EK .... now the temperatures are around 40 C in full with 1.15 volts on the core ...

ya I mean as long as the gpu is scaling you should be fine up to around 1.4v. I mean I have gone higher on water but I would never feel comfortable recommending it. Just find your max clock at stock volts and then raise the voltage a tiny bit and keep trying to raise clocks. Once you get up to around 50c increasing voltage wont really help. It's all about testing different clocks/voltage/temps and seeing what works best for your card and setup.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:29 AM
Ambient

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongisland1 View Post
ya I mean as long as the gpu is scaling you should be fine up to around 1.4v. I mean I have gone higher on water but I would never feel comfortable recommending it. Just find your max clock at stock volts and then raise the voltage a tiny bit and keep trying to raise clocks. Once you get up to around 50c increasing voltage wont really help. It's all about testing different clocks/voltage/temps and seeing what works best for your card and setup.
Thanks strong ... it was really help .... now that will make a colder try various setup and see where I can get ... you were really nice and I thank you so much !!!!!
Sorry about the language but use google translate