kingpincooling.com

Go Back   kingpincooling.com > Overclocking & Modding > EVGA Overclocking

EVGA Overclocking Dedicated forum for EVGA Overclocking, my other job :)

Old 12-05-2016, 07:32 AM
Ambient

Unhappy SR-2 NF200 problem

So I managed to get an SR-2 but I'm having issues with one of the PCIe slots.

The 2nd x16 slot down (ie. Slot 3 of 7) is showing graphical corruption in Windows and on boot. While if I put a card in Slot 1, that slot is fine and the card in Slot 3 isn't even recognised in Windows

nvflash is returning odd results... It seems to pick up the cards but then says something like "Unconfigured display adapter found. Device not accessible" in reference to a BR04 device, ie. the NF200 chip

Is it possible something is wrong with the NF200 so one x16 slot works and the other doesn't? Is there any way at all I could fix this? eg. Flash the BR04 using the bios from the other BR04?

I'll be kicking myself if this doesn't work... I specifically got the board to run (and oc) 4 video cards

Edit: To rule out software issues I'll try booting with my Fedora USB stick and see if I get the same problem...

Last edited by SiriusDragon; 12-05-2016 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:20 AM
Ambient

Ok, so... 3 way SLI works with cards in slots 1, 4 and 7.

2 way SLI works in slots 1 & 4.

I tried using PCIe 3.0 risers to run 4 way SLI in slots 1, 4, 5 and 7 but the motherboard refused to recognise the cards. These same risers worked fine with the X58 4way Classified and the same video cards. Even a single GT610 on a riser in slot 1 didn't work

So yeah... I'm guessing it's dead/broken as far as 4 way SLI goes and there's nothing I can do?

Anyone? It was a pain the arse to get this board.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:40 AM
Volt-Nut :)

Send a message via ICQ to TiN Send a message via Skype™ to TiN

Check if all pins in slot are OK and little capacitors near slot are ok (many of them, grouped in pairs). If any of them damaged - you could have no detects as you described.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:28 PM
Ambient

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiN View Post
Check if all pins in slot are OK and little capacitors near slot are ok (many of them, grouped in pairs). If any of them damaged - you could have no detects as you described.
Thanks for the advice TiN!
I'll have a close look at everything. Would that explain the graphical corruption, eg. a loose cap or bad PCIe slot pin?

The board was shipped without CPU socket protectors (!) but the CPU sockets look OK and all 3 RAM channels on both CPUs get picked up, so I don't think it's the CPU sockets at fault. So that leaves the NF200 or the other electronics around the PCIe slots I guess.

I'll try and have another poke around with it on the weekend or later this week.