kingpincooling.com

Go Back   kingpincooling.com > Overclocking & Modding > EVGA Overclocking

EVGA Overclocking Dedicated forum for EVGA Overclocking, my other job :)

Old 06-14-2015, 09:27 PM
Ambient

Quote:
Originally Posted by k|ngp|n View Post
We have a solution for the issue of the best gpus for ln2 not being the best gpus for air/water and we are planning to sell the Ti KP in a very unique way unlike any other card to date. There will be more details soon about it and I think it can help with this situation.
THIS interests me.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:36 PM
Ambient

Quote:
Haha well I guess I should be saying a HUGE THANK YOU! then huh?
Aren't the LED's so fun to play with in 4 way? I spent about my whole computex week playing with those lol
Wow those asic are all so high you got some nice ones and exactly in the zone for LN2, but its typical of the type of gpus that are used for the KPE980. Ask any good vga extreme overclocker you know if he thinks your asic % are nice for ln2 overclocking. For great air overclocking and voltage scaling on air over 1600mhz, the asic usually need to be lower like 64-68%
Yah we did the single slot thing for the water cooling guys , cuz no one else was doing it. Same for 980Kpti.
We have a solution for the issue of the best gpus for ln2 not being the best gpus for air/water and we are planning to sell the Ti KP in a very unique way unlike any other card to date. There will be more details soon about it and I think it can help with this situation.

Kimir: Almost 1600mhz on Stock is pretty good. This bios can help out some of those gpus that are stuck in the mid-low 1500's to get closer to a clock like yours, and also corrects a lot of 350+ gf driver related bugs.
Tomorrow I'll post an XOC fully unlocked bios that retains the stock voltage scaling for guys like you that want to use less voltage on air but still be unlocked.
We'll still have a look to see if can get you more scaling at ambient temps tho. XOC bios are not officially supported by EVGA as they cannot be. NVIDIA approved reference bios is completely different bios than any of what I posted here. Reference bios is not good at all for extreme overclocking FYI. Like u said, not all end users who buy this vga are extreme overclockers. It has a lot of features that appeal to you guys as well (single slot, LED, custom cooler, backplate etc) We realize KP cards mainstream popularity despite its sole purpose of extreme overclocking at the highest levels without the need for pcb hardware mods. So we now consider this in future design and updating OC sw for the card.
Now you got me curious lol 980 to 980ti kingpin stepup??? Lol I don't know how else 980ti kpe can help with 980

Now I'm even more curious!

Looking forward to new bios and other news I just hope it's soon I'm debating what to do with the cards.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:01 PM
PURE

980kp came late and ran up against big maxwell and we thought at the time 390 was gonna hammer it as well, but it was delayed. kpTi is well on schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxagamemnon View Post
Now you got me curious lol 980 to 980ti kingpin stepup??? Lol I don't know how else 980ti kpe can help with 980

Now I'm even more curious!

Looking forward to new bios and other news I just hope it's soon I'm debating what to do with the cards.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:16 AM
Ambient

Quote:

980kp came late and ran up against big maxwell and we thought at the time 390 was gonna hammer it as well, but it was delayed. kpTi is well on schedule.

Now I'm as curious as a cat and as impatient as a kid in a candy store to know what's in store . Can we play guessing games lol.

I guess I can chant this info leak info leak can 980 kpe be stepped up to 980ti kpe???? Info leak info leak lool.

Last edited by nyxagamemnon; 06-15-2015 at 12:25 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:19 AM
Ambient

Looking forward for the newer bios then.
I'm quite aware that the original bios isn't fit for extreme, even on water with little added voltage one would hit the power limit.
I didn't intend to keep this card on air at all. It's just that it didn't seems to react to voltage like the 780Ti KPE and the EK block came in late (with an issue with pins...). In the mean time, I bought a brand new car, so the fund to put the bench table under water before going extreme as been delayed. I don't own two 780Ti KPE, a 980 KPE, a 4930k that can do 6Ghz just to have them under water, when the fund allows it and those hardware will be retired from my daily rig, I want to bench them on LN2!
Old 06-16-2015, 02:12 AM
PURE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimir View Post
Looking forward for the newer bios then.
I'm quite aware that the original bios isn't fit for extreme, even on water with little added voltage one would hit the power limit.
I didn't intend to keep this card on air at all. It's just that it didn't seems to react to voltage like the 780Ti KPE and the EK block came in late (with an issue with pins...). In the mean time, I bought a brand new car, so the fund to put the bench table under water before going extreme as been delayed. I don't own two 780Ti KPE, a 980 KPE, a 4930k that can do 6Ghz just to have them under water, when the fund allows it and those hardware will be retired from my daily rig, I want to bench them on LN2!
I'm liking that attitude Kimir!
I added a fully unlocked XOC bios (xoc7c) at the top of thread that retains the stock voltage scaling for you guys who want to use less voltage on air for now. Xoc6c still can work good for some gpus that are stuck in mid 1500's, but needs a bit more voltage/per clock.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:44 AM
Ambient

I'll test that new one when I get home and report back.
My main concern about the 2 previous one was the fact that any load at stock clock/voltage it would crash.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:17 PM
Ambient

Didn't had much time to test it, but so far, stock doesn't crash anymore.
I tried 1630@1.42v it didn't work. Same goes for 1622, 1606 and 1592Mhz, huh.
Will have to test it further when I have the time.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:29 PM
PURE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimir View Post
Didn't had much time to test it, but so far, stock doesn't crash anymore.
I tried 1630@1.42v it didn't work. Same goes for 1622, 1606 and 1592Mhz, huh.
Will have to test it further when I have the time.
Sounds about right
Xoc7c retains stock voltage scaling for air/water and is fully unlocked for XOC. So can use less voltage per clock now but cards will lose some mhz on air/water. It also has retains all previous bug fixes on 350+ drivers.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:17 PM
Ambient

Can you tell us people with step up time left on our 980 kpe if we should wait.... or just a wink....

This was the first time i purchased kpe cards....

Quote: