kingpincooling.com

Go Back   kingpincooling.com > The Lounge > Introductions

Introductions Say hey after signing up.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:11 AM
Ambient

Send a message via ICQ to BlkHole Send a message via AIM to BlkHole Send a message via Yahoo to BlkHole
Default Greetings!

Well, I've randomly used this site for research in the past and I figure it's time I acutally make an account and see what I can do to help contribute, or at least ask more questions!

I grew up with electronics and computers, and as such I'm pretty handy with a multimeter, logic probe, and soldering gun! Some of my first PC related mods date back to grade school with my C64, I did everything from edit the firmware in the 1541 to speed up read time, to wiring a 9600baud modem direct to the serial interface. Through the years PC wise I've done everything from custom heatsinks to JTAG/PLL/SPD/VMOD's etc, and outside of PC's I've b0rked on everything from Ham Radio equipment to Automotive ECU's... This being said, without the interwebz and the other passionate folk out there who have similar interests I would be nowhere near as comfortable and experienced as I feel today with tearing apart band new toys and such.

Either way, I'll probably be trolling around these forums for a bit as I've recently been sucked back into PC modding and I have a few items to catch back up on... The quality of tools and mods have gone up exponentially since I was last atctive in this arena; before if you wanted a better cooling, specs on IC's, or more stable voltages you had to figure it out yourself and devise a solution (and even if you tried to share few understood it), now it seems that there are nicely designed tools and whitepapers (sometimes created by the manufacturers themselves) to help you void their warranties... How progressive!

Good times, thx!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:40 AM
PURE

Send a message via Yahoo to chispy
Thumbs up

But im vinboe's bytch
Old 04-07-2012, 10:16 PM
PURE

Nice to meet u man! Some crazy stuff goes on around here from time to time
Welcome to the kpc forum.