kingpincooling.com

Go Back   kingpincooling.com > Overclocking & Modding > EVGA Overclocking

EVGA Overclocking Dedicated forum for EVGA Overclocking, my other job :)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-14-2014, 07:04 AM
FTW12345 FTW12345 is offline
Ambient
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 25
Default GTX Classified controller update -- update to support GTX980 Classy!

Hi guys,

recently some issue bump up seems ti classy have some voltage limit

I'm planning to check what's going on and might be a new version of classified controller will release soon try to resolve it.

still not sure what's going on cos on my card it running 1.425V no problem at all, however will try to enhance PWM since this board can control everything via i2c bus !!

Last edited by FTW12345; 10-26-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-15-2014, 07:44 AM
FTW12345 FTW12345 is offline
Ambient
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 25
Default

Update with file attached... finally it seems working to control PWM.

For extreme OCers! please try to raise PWM frequency to 400Khz to see if it improves your shut down issue.

http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/46488401/file.html

update: it's my typo my programming actually set to 400Khz instead of 600Khz

Last edited by FTW12345; 01-15-2014 at 11:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-15-2014, 03:24 PM
Deaf Jam Deaf Jam is offline
Ambient
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
Default Thanks

You just gave me an extra 50 Mhz. Thanks.

Any particular bios we should run this with? I have an issue using the Xti bios with the PWM slider only ranging from 260-400 kHz. There is no way to achieve a frequency of 600 kHz unless the slider is an offset. Others over at OCN report the same limitations here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1411500/o...ners-club/7300

Anyhow. Still is awesome. I can finally hit 1350 stable at a voltage I can live with. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-15-2014, 06:21 PM
machineghost7 machineghost7 is offline
Ambient
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTW12345 View Post
Update with file attached... finally it seems working to control PWM.

For extreme OCers! please try to raise PWM frequency to 600Khz to see if it improves your shut down issue.

http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/46488401/file.html
Hi FtW12345

...thanks for all the great work on BIOS and other tools like this new voltage tool ...Quick Question:

I have 4x 780 Ti Classies, though 2 are already out and getting prepped for water-cooling, so I can't test the new tool with PWM frequency adjustment...the last version of the Classy voltage tool only supported two cards - does this one do 4, and if not, do you think you can update it for 4 (or alternatively, suggest which registry keys to mod) ? That would be very, VERY much appreciated...btw, I have 2x EVBots, but I don't think EVBot does the PWM frequency thing, or is there an update ? THANKS
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-15-2014, 07:46 PM
FTW12345 FTW12345 is offline
Ambient
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf Jam View Post
You just gave me an extra 50 Mhz. Thanks.

Any particular bios we should run this with? I have an issue using the Xti bios with the PWM slider only ranging from 260-400 kHz. There is no way to achieve a frequency of 600 kHz unless the slider is an offset. Others over at OCN report the same limitations here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1411500/o...ners-club/7300

Anyhow. Still is awesome. I can finally hit 1350 stable at a voltage I can live with. Thanks again.
Hi Deaf Jam,

I will take look on that, basically i tested this tool with the reference bios from evga and my own hacked bios, need to dig out where's the problem
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-15-2014, 07:47 PM
FTW12345 FTW12345 is offline
Ambient
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineghost7 View Post
Hi FtW12345

...thanks for all the great work on BIOS and other tools like this new voltage tool ...Quick Question:

I have 4x 780 Ti Classies, though 2 are already out and getting prepped for water-cooling, so I can't test the new tool with PWM frequency adjustment...the last version of the Classy voltage tool only supported two cards - does this one do 4, and if not, do you think you can update it for 4 (or alternatively, suggest which registry keys to mod) ? That would be very, VERY much appreciated...btw, I have 2x EVBots, but I don't think EVBot does the PWM frequency thing, or is there an update ? THANKS
lol, i will try my best, any update will let you know.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:51 PM
machineghost7 machineghost7 is offline
Ambient
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTW12345 View Post
lol, i will try my best, any update will let you know.
Thanks so much - I know more than 2 cards is not that common, but were out there, hiding near hydro-electric damns or even sub stations in our neighborhood ('brother, can you spare a kW')
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-16-2014, 12:07 AM
TiN's Avatar
TiN TiN is offline
Volt-Nut :)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Taipei
Posts: 1,458
Send a message via ICQ to TiN Send a message via Skype™ to TiN
Default

machineghost7

You can use EVBOT firmware from KPE card, as gpu voltage settings are compatible between usual classy and KPE.

Firmware link:
http://overclockingpin.com/KPti/780i31.zip

I checked, that tool support as many cards as you have, you just need to press scroll arrows
__________________
xDevs.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-16-2014, 02:50 AM
machineghost7 machineghost7 is offline
Ambient
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiN View Post
machineghost7

You can use EVBOT firmware from KPE card, as gpu voltage settings are compatible between usual classy and KPE.

Firmware link:
http://overclockingpin.com/KPti/780i31.zip

I checked, that tool support as many cards as you have, you just need to press scroll arrows
Cool ! THANKS - I've downloaded it...building up the w-c for it now, flashing the new BIOS, giving the whole thing 2x 1200w PSUs and see what happens
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-17-2014, 02:17 AM
FTW12345 FTW12345 is offline
Ambient
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineghost7 View Post
Thanks so much - I know more than 2 cards is not that common, but were out there, hiding near hydro-electric damns or even sub stations in our neighborhood ('brother, can you spare a kW')
Update with fix for 4 cards by slightly adjust UI.

also support higher PWM frequency.

For me 400Khz is running fine, not sure any help from higher frequency

http://www41.zippyshare.com/v/28849623/file.html
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

Contact Us - www.kingpincooling.com - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3 Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.