kingpincooling.com

Go Back   kingpincooling.com > Overclocking & Modding > Shamino's Lair

Shamino's Lair The master himself, Shamino.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:54 PM
PURE

Send a message via Yahoo to chispy
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crustytheclown View Post
Is the card throttling?
Can you check gpu-z while running?
Hi there my old friend crusty , I have not done that , thank you for the help bro. Will test in a bit and do as you suggested , I will let you know . I might make a very short video of heaven full test , but only the last test #26 , maybe you can see something I don't . Thank you bro.
But im vinboe's bytch
Old 01-28-2014, 04:56 PM
Sub-Ambient

By chance is the bios the same.... I have two different bios for my two same brand ref cards and the latest one seems off compared to the other by a hundred and a half same clocks and ram type in fsx .
I use msi osd and its not the throttle
Old 01-28-2014, 06:28 PM
PURE

I have always use the same bios PT3 posted here by Peter since the beginning , I have never used any other bios. Thanks for the reply. I will start testing in a couple of minutes.
But im vinboe's bytch
Old 01-30-2014, 05:05 AM
PURE

Finally I have an answer after many many long hours testing and re-testing my 290x with every driver available and 3 different OS w7 installations , card has not been volt moded yet. The problem is related to the video card throttling down during heaven , it does it 1340/1677Mhz stable and pass heaven DX11 extreme on water full cover EK H2O block , but the card starts throttling at test #11 once it gets warmed up the clocks goes up and down as well as the FPS ,performance take a nose dive due to the v.core set at 1.43v real via DMM reading , water cannot handle that much heat , LN2 required for stability. Big Thank You to Crustytheclown for all the help. I guess finally I found a Golden card , I am happy as a dog with 2 tails . next will be full volt mods and LN2 to make it scream.

Here is a short video I made of a complete run of heaven at 1340/1677Mhz on ambient temps H2O, I selected and only showed the last 2 test #25 and #26 because heaven last almost 5 minutes to run lol , the fps starts very strong from test 1 all the way until test 10 fps are 186 max , average 182 ,then it takes a big performance hit after test 11 once the card is warm game over :/. darn it took my 6 cards to find a golden one. watch the short video and the FPS. Check it out to see what I am talking about. id you are having the same problems as I did , there is your answer.

http://youtu.be/GQoXT319nvs
But im vinboe's bytch
Old 01-30-2014, 04:05 PM
Ambient

Hapy to help you buddy,your card is a keeper.
Sofos and I did quite a lot of testing in these cards to get that 5k run in unigine... It's not always about ultra high clocks but also watching out the dmm at vcore just to see the throttling... especially at ambient temps i had a card running 1400 core but was throttling within the first frame,lol...
Old 03-11-2014, 06:01 PM
Ambient

I know its a MSI card, but anyone with a modded bios or plan on modifiying a bios for the 290X Lightning. ?