kingpincooling.com

Go Back   kingpincooling.com > Overclocking & Modding > EVGA Overclocking

EVGA Overclocking Dedicated forum for EVGA Overclocking, my other job :)

Old 12-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Ambient

Bah! I was hoping that this would work on my regular 780 Classy's. Alas, I still can only go to 1.35v. If there are any updates, I'm sure strong or Skyn3t will let us know on OCN.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Ambient

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongisland1 View Post
do you guys know of any custom bios's floating around for the classy ti.
Also working on that, maybe will available later.

It's under test stage
Old 12-13-2013, 10:59 PM
Ambient

Hi Guys,

Here with custom BIOS with increased power target. up to 200%.

http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/43941063/file.html
Old 12-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Sub-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTW12345 View Post
Hi Guys,

Here with custom BIOS with increased power target. up to 200%.

http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/43941063/file.html
thanks for the bios but right now we have no overvoltage control. we keep getting bsod's if we overvolt at all with the vbot or software tool. Have you tested the card or seen this issue. Could a bios work around this. I am so disappointed with my cards, after the 780 classy was so amazing.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Ambient

Quote:
thanks for the bios but right now we have no overvoltage control. we keep getting bsod's if we overvolt at all with the vbot or software tool. Have you tested the card or seen this issue. Could a bios work around this. I am so disappointed with my cards, after the 780 classy was so amazing.
Hi strongisland1,

is it BSOD after system reset? i ever saw that on reference ti by myside.

based on that experience i modified a bios for you.

http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/88888925/file.html
Old 12-15-2013, 03:18 AM
Sub-Zero

Quote:
Hi strongisland1,

is it BSOD after system reset? i ever saw that on reference ti by myside.

based on that experience i modified a bios for you.

http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/88888925/file.html
I was getting bsod's after reset like you say. Like starting a benchmark with too high of an overclock and after crashing I would get a bsod loop at windows start screen. Also if I applied any type of voltage and restarted my machine I would get bsod's.

I just tried this bios and it seems to have fixed the issue. I am going to try it some more right now. I just did a Valley run at 1.3v which wasn't possible before. I am also going to try restarting my system after applying voltage.

I will let you know how it goes, thanks a lot for all your help.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:32 AM
Sub-Zero

yes this bios definitely fixed my issues. i was just able to run firestrike at 1.35v for the first time. finally broke 15k graphics.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1305404
Old 12-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Ambient

Quote:
yes this bios definitely fixed my issues. i was just able to run firestrike at 1.35v for the first time. finally broke 15k graphics.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1305404
nice job!
Old 12-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Sub-Zero

Quote:
nice job!
I just wanted to say thanks again for the bios and software tool.

I wanted to ask you something. For some reason with the new ti classy the memory doesn't score close to what it did with the regular 780 classy at the same speed in benchmarks.

I was able to do some valley runs at 8300mhz memory which is insanely high and my score wasn't great. Is it possible that the memory timings are much looser with this new card. Is this something that can be modified in the bios.

This is not something specific to your bios, it happens with the stock bios's also.

I am not even sure if you can modify memory timings in the bios but if it's possible that would be amazing.

Thanks again for all your hard work. You allowed me to finally use my cards. I linked to this thread everywhere I could think of so people can use your bios because right now it's the only bios that fixes the issues we were having.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Ambient

Quote:
I just wanted to say thanks again for the bios and software tool.

I wanted to ask you something. For some reason with the new ti classy the memory doesn't score close to what it did with the regular 780 classy at the same speed in benchmarks.

I was able to do some valley runs at 8300mhz memory which is insanely high and my score wasn't great. Is it possible that the memory timings are much looser with this new card. Is this something that can be modified in the bios.

This is not something specific to your bios, it happens with the stock bios's also.

I am not even sure if you can modify memory timings in the bios but if it's possible that would be amazing.

Thanks again for all your hard work. You allowed me to finally use my cards. I linked to this thread everywhere I could think of so people can use your bios because right now it's the only bios that fixes the issues we were having.
Hi,

For this issue i think maybe can run specific program which requires large memory traffic, then can narrow down to see if needs GPU fine tune or memory fine tune.

For memory fine tune it's very difficult atm, a lot of timings/ tweaks inside the bios which i found before...