kingpincooling.com

Go Back   kingpincooling.com > Overclocking & Modding > EVGA Overclocking

EVGA Overclocking Dedicated forum for EVGA Overclocking, my other job :)

Old 03-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Ambient

I wanted to add that for anyone who got screwed with the 3988 version of the 980 Classy like I did, this tool does work. BUT, for me at least, the voltage set in the tool actually applies a voltage that is .3v higher than the set amount. For example. If you set 1.3v in the tool, it will actually set the voltage to 1.6v. So use caution and set it to .3v lower than where you actually want it, or monitor like I did and verify its set correctly. I used a multimeter and the Probe It connector to verify voltage.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Ambient

Default Hey cerealkeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealkeller View Post
I wanted to add that for anyone who got screwed with the 3988 version of the 980 Classy like I did, this tool does work. BUT, for me at least, the voltage set in the tool actually applies a voltage that is .3v higher than the set amount. For example. If you set 1.3v in the tool, it will actually set the voltage to 1.6v. So use caution and set it to .3v lower than where you actually want it, or monitor like I did and verify its set correctly. I used a multimeter and the Probe It connector to verify voltage.
I have that gpu and Im having problems with voltages I cant pass 1.22v, what can i do or any suggestions?
Im new to this so I dnt understand how to put this tool to work.

Im trying, setting up some different voltages and they just dnt change....

Last edited by BGaming; 03-07-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Ambient

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGaming View Post
I have that gpu and Im having problems with voltages I cant pass 1.22v, what can i do or any suggestions?
Im new to this so I dnt understand how to put this tool to work.

Im trying, setting up some different voltages and they just dnt change....
Are you going by what the software is reading? The software doesn't report the correct voltage when using this tool. Buy one of these:

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product...W002-00-000010

And a multimeter. You can buy one from pretty much any hardware store or wal mart. Insert the red probe into the far left cable and the black one into the next one to the right from the far left. But do the black one first, then red. Then you will be able to see the true voltage your card is set to.

However, I should point out that pretty large boosts in voltage are required to obtain much increase in clock speeds on these. You're gonna want to do liquid cooling if you go far beyond 1.3v, in my opinion.
And I also want to point out that I said above the difference was .3v, but it's actually more like .25v difference between the tool and actual voltage. 1.075v on the tool is reading 1.325v on the GPU.
You may also want to flash to a different BIOS. But I don't recommend exceeding the factory set 125% power draw unless you go to liquid cooling. EK makes a block for these now. These cards create a hell of a lot of heat for the amount of power they draw.
SLI EVGA GTX 980 Classified
Corsair Force 3 SSD RAID
Cooler Master RPP 1250w
Win7 x64
Koolance CPU 380i, EK GTX 980 Classy
Old 07-18-2015, 11:37 PM
Ambient

nvrmind

Last edited by loon iam; 07-19-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:59 AM
PURE

Send a message via MSN to Gunslinger

bump