kingpincooling.com

Go Back   kingpincooling.com > Overclocking & Modding > TiN's Dungeon

TiN's Dungeon The mad engineer's home at KPC.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Volt-Nut :)

Send a message via ICQ to TiN Send a message via Skype™ to TiN
Talking SLI patch to allow NV multiGPU run on any mobo

Most of people who wanted running SLI on their non-supported motherboard already tested found patch on web which patch windows.
It working nicely in 99.9% cases, so I think this should be available to PURE too

Latest patch is very easy to apply, and work well on any motherboard, which have enough slots to run multiple NV cards.

Slipatch have it's website, i don't see frequent updated, but still better than nothing.
slipatch.com

According to hwbot.org , this little tool allowed ppl to have some really good scores on systems with Core Duos, including current 3dmark01 records.

WBR, Ilya

Last edited by TiN; 03-06-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Ambient

make sure when doing this patch you follow the directions to a tee. my first time doing it I borked my win7 install and had to redo it. but the second time I did it it worked on E8400 and maximus formula
Old 03-02-2010, 05:09 PM

Very latest 196.75 WHQL Drivers are working nicely with patched SLI on any system too

Last edited by TiN; 03-06-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Sub-Ambient

Send a message via AIM to PP Mguire Send a message via MSN to PP Mguire

I did this with 2 280s and a 955 on a 790fx board. Worked beautifully once i figured it all out. My performance wasnt so hot though since i didnt have a SLI bridge that would fit the gap.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:56 AM

I want to say congratulations to slipatch developers, in person sveetsnelda and anatolymik. Guys did SLI AGAIN.

Bit more details from authors:

Quote:
We have SLI working okay with very latest drivers, including 258 and 260 branch. Most of latest testers know, that something was screwed since 257 drivers when you tried to run SLI patched rig with non-supported mobo.

Now we glad to confirm new version of SLI patch working flawlessly for hours and days without any problems now, even with 260 driver. So any 2xGTX460 GTX450 can still work in even P965 mobos

NVIDIA included special routine to detect this exact patch in all their drivers since 258 versions! And that was done in funny way So when driver detects patch - it calls special function to crash you system. Yes, you understood that correct - special function that only crash when finded our code in windows kernel. We already know everything about that, and easily can bypass that check.

New patch version will be released soon, better than ever. As usual all chipsets and all videocards are supported, as usual you dont need to get special modifications for drivers or anything manual. Stay tuned!
I'm smiling now, to realize that such a corp like NV did something stupid because of three, literally, THREE entusiasts which done SLI available everybody. Ill post here when patch site updates

Last edited by TiN; 03-06-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Sub-Zero

Send a message via Skype™ to FatAlbert

"such a corp like NV did something stupid because of three, literally, THREE enthusiasts which done SLI available everybody" - epic true.

thanks in name of all enthusiasts. Good work guys!

btw
Tin, any news of how to cheat drivers for quad sli ?

I don't write posts because I have nothing to say when you are extreme I am a noob without good hardware to extreme oc and only with dreams
Old 09-23-2010, 05:34 PM
PURE

Send a message via Yahoo to chispy
Thumbs up

Thank you for the update TiN , it is really appreciated all your help again thank you very much.
But im vinboe's bytch
Old 09-23-2010, 06:34 PM

FatAlbert

What do you mean by cheat quadsli?

chispy, you welcome.

Last edited by TiN; 11-28-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:44 PM
sb cant touch this

Niiiccceeeee
Old 09-24-2010, 04:09 AM
Sub-Zero

Send a message via Skype™ to FatAlbert

well, for quad sli you need motherboard with dual nf200. So if you want run quad sli you got, well, 4 boards that can do it (I'm also counting RIIIE + xpander). All are quite expensive but there is a lot of other boards, good boards which has four slots and you could easily run 4 gpus. So drivers need to think that you're using one of this dual nf200 boards. Well, chew* tried to run quadsli on amd with hacked drivers but they showed dual sli rig (four gpus running in two pairs = dual sli). But as far quad sli doesn't work on non 2xnf200 boards, so if you guys could put couple lines of code more to cheat drivers that they are running on E762/UD9/SR-2/ RIIIE + Xpander would nice at least for benchers

I don't write posts because I have nothing to say when you are extreme I am a noob without good hardware to extreme oc and only with dreams

Tags
nvidia pwned, overclocker heaven, reverse engineer, sli hack