kingpincooling.com

Go Back   kingpincooling.com > The Lounge > Davy Jones Locker

Davy Jones Locker Off topic, anything goes.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Ambient

Send a message via AIM to EnJoY Send a message via MSN to EnJoY Send a message via Skype™ to EnJoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romdominance View Post
Captain America is my all time favorite, he is a brilliant tactician. Silva is accurately called the Spider as he seems to have Spiderman like reflexes.
Love watchin GSP and Lyota Machida fight, amazing athletes. As far as Lesner goes, I don't know who is gonna take him out, he's a frickin mountain.
He's taking himself out. If you keep up on MMA news, he's got a serious illness that may force him to retire. He hasn't revealed what it is yet though. Probably some side effect to all the steroids he's taken.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Sub-Ambient

Lesnar had diverticulitis and lost a few feet of intestines in the surgey to repair it. There are some rumors he may never fight again. He's a beast for sure. Heavyweight in the UFC is pretty boring these days. I'd like to see a healthy Lesnar fight Fedor before Fedor gets too old.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Ambient

Send a message via AIM to EnJoY Send a message via MSN to EnJoY Send a message via Skype™ to EnJoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
Lesnar had diverticulitis and lost a few feet of intestines in the surgey to repair it. There are some rumors he may never fight again. He's a beast for sure. Heavyweight in the UFC is pretty boring these days. I'd like to see a healthy Lesnar fight Fedor before Fedor gets too old.
I agree about the boring part. However, I'm still a fan of Frank Mir and I always enjoyed watching him take down bigger guys with his submissions. However, that he IS a big guy (270 walking around, mostly muscle), I see his fights becoming more kickboxing and less submission.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Sub-Ambient

Agreed, Mir is cool in my book. I just hate that he missed some of his best years for fighting while recovering from a motorcycle accident. I hope Cotoure vs Coleman is better than Cotoure vs Vera a couple months back. That was an embarassment.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:06 AM
Sub-Ambient

Any of you guys watch The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) ? I was hoping Kimbo would put on a better show.... If he could only improve his ground game!!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 05:08 AM
Sub-Ambient

It's hard for an old dog to learn new tricks. Too bad Kimbo did not meet up with a jiujitsu master when he was about 18 years old. He has a lot of mileage on him now too including that knee. But, he is entertaining.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Ambient

Quote:
It's hard for an old dog to learn new tricks. Too bad Kimbo did not meet up with a jiujitsu master when he was about 18 years old. He has a lot of mileage on him now too including that knee. But, he is entertaining.
I liked watching him destroy houston alexander. Houston had probably the worst game plan I have ever seen and any time that Kimbo could close in, it was either a punch that would rock houston or some bad ass slam.

I agree though, Kimbo is old and beat up, especially his joints from years of lifting and street fights. I don't see him being any more than a brawler to fight other brawlers, like Houston before he lost his sack.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:27 AM
PURE

wow i cant believe not 1comment about Fedor...classic even kimbo got a mention..cmon guys

sort it out lol
Old 01-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Sub-Ambient

Send a message via MSN to chuchnit

Fedor is a complete idiot. Well his managers are. He should have took the money and let the fans get to know him. Then he could have demanded more. He WAS the best fighter in the world until he took himself away from fighting world class fighters. I'm sure he is still a great fighter, but you gotta fight the best to be the best...
Old 01-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Sub-Ambient

Quote:
Packet, you missed it above.