kingpincooling.com

Go Back   kingpincooling.com > Overclocking & Modding > Hardware Modding

Hardware Modding Soldering, deciphering datasheets, tricks and tips.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Ambient

Default 81062 RWU

I am replacing shorted MOSFET on a gtx 660ti. MOSFET driver could also be bad and is marked 81062 RWU. I cannot find a data sheet nor can I find a place to order this, don't know who makes it. It is for mdu1516 MOSFET . Card is zotac 660ti amp. Any suggestions for a suitable replacement or where to find a data sheet?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Ambient

Default MOSFET DRIVER 81062 RWG - who makes?

Okay, need to fix this post as the chip is marked 81062RWG (not RWU) as first posted. Still looking for this to drive MDU1516 and MDU1514 Single N-channel trench MOSFETS. Part I am fixing/replacing is 8 pin square.

I am a newb so trying to order same one to be sure it works but if someone knows a suitable substitute, please let me know. Pic of chip is below

All help is appreciated.

Last edited by Placebo; 05-09-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Ambient

Default While were at it... cap values too?

The backside of the card has some burned capacitors and will need to replace these too. I don't have a DVM that reads capacitance, so working on an Aurdino sketch to make it read the values; cool little project but not my pressing issue at the moment so thought I would check if anyone already has a good guess what these cap values should be, think this is a reference gtx660 ti design. Five caps needing replacement are C876 thru C879 and C888

Thanks again if you have any info.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:50 AM
Ambient

Update: My Aurdino configured capacitance meter read the caps as 13 uf, with questionable accuracy. This is not a common or at least easily available size, so gonna replace with 16 uf caps;.

The mystery mosfet driver may be an on-semiconductor NCP81062MNTWG but need to find a data sheet to confirm.

Tags
mosfet driver