kingpincooling.com

kingpincooling.com (http://forum.kingpincooling.com/index.php)
-   Davy Jones Locker (http://forum.kingpincooling.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   UT SERVER (http://forum.kingpincooling.com/showthread.php?t=431)

k|ngp|n 01-16-2010 03:57 PM

UT SERVER

Ok so I was/am a pretty big UT player and I was thinking of starting a PURE dedicated game server. Any players out there that are interested? I'm thinking either 1v1 DM or Team DM could be better. Only problem is I REALLY hate UT3. The whole physics of the game sucks IMO. Your player feels heavy footed and the dodge jumping is less dynamic and boring. So.....
I think it needs to be UT2003 server. :D Whaddya think?

Gunslinger 01-16-2010 04:19 PM

I've never played UT, but will pickup whatever you decide to go with. :D

Kal-EL 01-16-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k|ngp|n (Post 5065)
Ok so I was/am a pretty big UT player and I was thinking of starting a PURE dedicated game server. Any players out there that are interested? I'm thinking either 1v1 DM or Team DM could be better. Only problem is I REALLY hate UT3. The whole physics of the game sucks IMO. Your player feels heavy footed and the dodge jumping is less dynamic and boring. So.....

UT2004 is a definite :up:
I've been playing UT3 enough lately that it's grown on me with the Titan Expansion pack (After x-amount of kills you can size up into a Titan)

We used to run akimbo (dual weapons) and Quad Jump mods on our old x-cade servers. Its not PURE but its fun.

George_o/c 01-31-2010 12:02 AM

I always enjoyed Unreal Tournament 2000 more than these :D
But will give it a shot!

Momentomoir 08-15-2010 02:29 AM

Quote:

is it up if so i might buy ut3 just for this

PP Mguire 08-16-2010 01:55 AM

Not UT3, Unreal Tournament 2003. I think 04 since there are alot of mods for it and i dont have 03 currently. I had all the disks then disk 1 got cracked some how.

Splave 08-17-2010 12:05 AM

ive got them all just let me know :)

G H Z 08-17-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

The whole physics of the game sucks IMO. Your player feels heavy footed and the dodge jumping is less dynamic and boring. So.....
I think it needs to be UT2003 server.

That's what I thought when I played UT2003 :p

Nothing compares to the lightning moves and weapons of the original :D Yes the graphics suck but game play is da bomb. Still I'll for sure join in if you get this server setup.

Momentomoir 08-17-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G H Z (Post 10567)
That's what I thought when I played UT2003 :p

Nothing compares to the lightning moves and weapons of the original :D Yes the graphics suck but game play is da bomb. Still I'll for sure join in if you get this server setup.

anti-grav and track pad makes up for it

Shimano 07-22-2011 09:10 AM

It has been a year since anybody as posted anything in this thread but UT Goty 99 was my favorite game of all time, if anybody is up for some sesions let me now,i just got tweeked my new mouse and have a huge pad only for UT.