kingpincooling.com

kingpincooling.com (http://forum.kingpincooling.com/index.php)
-   KINGPINcooling.com News (http://forum.kingpincooling.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A reason to change... (http://forum.kingpincooling.com/showthread.php?t=2013)

SoF 11-07-2012 06:36 PM

A reason to change...

...after almost 10 years of using "Otterauge" ln2 pots I got the first cooler from vince...

...it is by far the most beautiful pot I've ever seen - can't wait to bench it :cool:

http://www.awardfabrik.de/images/sto...ni/small/1.jpg

http://www.awardfabrik.de/images/sto...ni/small/6.jpg

There will be blood...soon!

Only thing missing is some nice Z77 EVGA board - c'mon vince, I am waiting
for another package :D

: maybe the wrong subforum - pls move if needed ;)

Xtreme Addict 11-08-2012 06:15 PM

Vince's pots are the best and most beautiful, but I mainly focus on performance so they can be ugly but working!!! :D

You have to buy Venom, it's the best for CPUs without CB.

SoF 11-08-2012 06:30 PM

Venom seem to have the same base - or do they have a different one?

Anyway I think at this level of optimized base you just need to have the right CPU ;)

Xtreme Addict 11-08-2012 06:49 PM

Venom has bigger base, much bigger :) F1 EE/F1 Dark, Venom or Gemini will be able to handle even the best CPU in the world :) But each pot has it's special features.

Venom - the best, the fastest for cooling down, it handles the biggest load on NO-CB cpus,

F1 EE/Dark is the best for CPUs with CB for heavy load (for instance keeping CPU @ -135*C), also F1 EE/Dark are really great for CPUs without CB, but they are really slow, you have to use a lot of LN2/spend time to cool down CPU

Gemini in theory is the most universal pot and best priced pot, good for CPUs without CB, and good for CPUs with CB because it has two special bases

SoF 11-08-2012 07:40 PM

I will use fast base this week-end I think...just to get used to my new baby :D

k|ngp|n 11-08-2012 11:56 PM

Nice pics and thanx for your kinds words. I've always respected Otti's work as well. He definitely puts a lot into his units and his ideas are pretty original and purpose built...unlike some other "CLOWNS" :D .The rest of the community is pretty much up to speed on what works and what doesn't nowadays, lots of great and innovative builders out there.
Glad u dig it tho and have fun benching man, Dino has a new love affair with that rocket base lately on IVY I hear. Its the perfect platform to use it on really. I originally designed F1 Gemini because Andre was complaining to me that the big solid copper EE was taking too long to warm up/pull down when he was binning tons of gulftown cpus lol. He was right, the F1 Dark pot is perfect for bad CB cpus like Sandy and Sandy-E and hella temperature control. Its massive and the new Dark version is even more so. For full pot situation its not optimal, but CB cpus will always come and go and SandyE and other future 2011 cpus most likely will have CB/CBB's so it will always be relevant and that's why I still make it.
Gemini fast base will get u lightning fast pull downs and u can get right down to business with benching within a minute or two. Also torches/warms up fast if u crash out and need to reset. Use the beefier base for a little slower action on cpus that need more temperature moderation and give your shoulder a break.

Original Venom was designed long ago with the help of AMD in making a no limits full temp Ln2 pot for phenom cpus. This new version of Venom is a more efficient practical version of its predecessor and IMO its the best pot for FULL pot benching period. I brought it back because ivy is very similar to Phenom and requires a similar tune. They are all great cpu pots designed for one aspect or another of cpu benching. Your Gemini pot is the most versatile of the three cpu containers I make. Good luck and have fun with it! :up:

TiN 11-10-2012 10:40 AM

Even it's not Venom's thread, I was enjoying benching alone even -60c CB SB-E 5.4G with Venom, desprite of having Quad-SLI GTX 690 under LN2 as well :)

l0ud_sil3nc3 11-13-2012 12:20 AM

Venom is my favorite pot to bench, it pulls down so fast:up:

SoF 11-13-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k|ngp|n (Post 23780)
Nice pics and thanx for your kinds words. I've always respected Otti's work as well. He definitely puts a lot into his units and his ideas are pretty original and purpose built...unlike some other "CLOWNS" :D .The rest of the community is pretty much up to speed on what works and what doesn't nowadays, lots of great and innovative builders out there.[...] Good luck and have fun with it! :up:

Thanks Vince! Otti more or less "officially" retired from pot building around 2 years ago :(

Pretty interesting it was already developed during AMD times and now get a "2nd chance" .... Andre said there is no other design like Venom for absolute minimum temperature.
And I am sure he tested evereything possible :D You do a great job ;)